UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2021: The syllabus for UPPSC PCS syllabus 2021 examination has been outlined by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC). The recruitment course of has 2 written exams that are the preliminary examination and the principle examination. The preliminary examination has 2 papers of 200 marks every. The candidates get 2 hours for every paper. In the principle examination, the candidates have 6 obligatory paper and a couple of optionally available papers. The obligatory papers are widespread for everybody. Test takers who want to know the small print of PCS Pre Syllabus and Main examination UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2021 should learn the article until the top.
UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2021
Organising Body: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Name of Exam: Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (PCS)
Name of Paper: Preliminary examination and Main examination
UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2021
Paper-1: General Studies-1:
- Current occasions of nationwide and worldwide significance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- India and World geography
- Indian Polity and governance
- Economic and Social Development
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that don’t
require topic specialization.
- General Science
Paper-2: General Studies-II:
- Interpersonal expertise together with communication expertise.
- Logical reasoning and analytical skill.
- Decision making and drawback-fixing.
- General psychological skill
- Elementary Mathematics as much as Class X level-Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General English as much as Class X stage.
- General Hindi as much as Class X stage.
(i) Elementary Mathematics (Upto Class X Level):
(ii) General English Upto Class X Level:
- Active Voice and Passive Voice
- Parts of Speech
- Transformation of Sentences
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Punctuation and Spellings
- Words meanings
- Vocabulary & Usage
- Idioms and Phrases
- Fill within the Blanks
(iii) General Hindi Upto Class tenth:
I. General Hindi:
II. Essay: The query paper may have 3 sections. The candidates should choose on query from every part and write 700 phrases on every.
Section A: (1) Literature and Culture. (2) Social sphere. (3) Political sphere.
Section B: (1) Science, Environment and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere (3) Agriculture, Industry and Trade.
Section C: (1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Land slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought and so forth. (3) National Development programmes and tasks.
III. General Studies-I:
- History of Indian Culture will cowl the salient elements of Art Forms, literature and Architecture from historical to trendy instances.
- Modern Indian historical past (from A.D.1757 to A.D. 1947)
- The Freedom Struggle
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization inside the nation (until 1965A.D.)
- Salient options of Indian Society and tradition.
- Role of Women in society and girls’s group
- Meaning of liberalization, privatization and globalization and their results on the financial system, polity and social construction.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Distribution of main pure sources of World
- Salient options of Physical Geography
- Oceanic sources of India and their potential.
- Human migration
- Frontiers and bounds close to Indian sub-continent.
- Population and Settlements
- Specific data of Uttar Pradesh
- Specific data of U.P.- Geography
IV. General Studies-II:
- Indian Constitution
- Functions and tasks of the Union and the States
- Role of Finance Commission in Centre-State monetary relations
- Parliament and State legislatures
- Structure, group and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary
- Development processes
- Important elements of governance
- Current affairs and occasions of Regional, State, National and International significance.
- Important International Institutions, Agencies their construction, mandate and functioning
- Effect of insurance policies and politics of developed and growing nations on India’s interests- Indian diaspora
V. General Studies-III:
- Economic planning in India, goals and achievements
- Issues of Poverty, Unemployment, Social justice and inclusive development.
- Components of Government Budgets and Financial System.
- Issues associated to direct and oblique farm subsidies and minimal help costs
- Food processing and associated industries in India
- Land reforms in India since independence.
- Effects of liberalization and globalization on the financial system
- Science and Technology
- Achievements of Indians in science & expertise and others
- Awareness within the fields of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Space Technology
- Environmental safety and Ecosystems and others
- Disaster as a Non-traditional safety and security problem, catastrophe mitigation and administration.
- Challenges of International Security
- India’s inner safety challenges
- Role, variety and mandate of safety forces, Higher defence organizations in Indi
- Specific data of Uttar Pradesh Economy
- Issues in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry.
- Law and Order and Civil Defence with particular reference to U.P.
VI. General Studies-IV:
- Ethics and Human Interface
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public providers, empathy, tolerance and compassion in the direction of the weaker-sections.·
- Emotional Intelligence
- Contributions of ethical thinkers and philosophers from India and the world.·
- Public/Civil Service Values and Ethics in Public Administration
- Probity in Governance
- Case research on the above points.
Below are the optionally available topics from which the candidates have to decide on one. There shall be 2 papers performed from that topic:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Animal Husbandry
- English Lit.
- Physics & Veterinary Science
- Urdu Lit.
- Hindi Lit.
- Sanskrit Lit.
- Political Science
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Sociology International Relations
- Public Administration
- Medical Science
- Civil Engineering
UPPSC PCS Syllabus PDF – Download Here
UPPSC PCS Exam Pattern 2021
Below is the examination sample that the candidates should know to organize for the UPPSC PCS 2021 examination:
(i) Preliminary Exam:
Mode of Exam: Offline examination
Language: Bilingual (Hindi and English).
No. of Papers: The examination has 2 papers: paper 1 and paper 2.
Duration: Each of the exams is of two hours.
Type of Questions: Objective sort solely.
Marking Scheme: There is a detrimental marking of 1/third marks of the whole marks of the query paper.
Total Marks: The query paper is of 200 marks for each paper within the preliminary examination.
(ii) Main Exam:
Mode of Exam: Offline mode pen-paper take a look at.
Language: In Hindi in addition to in English within the examination.
Durations: The papers are for 3 hours every for Main examination.
Type of quetions: Descriptive essay sort
Negative Marking: There is not any detrimental marking for the unsuitable solutions.
(i) Compulsory Papers:
|General Hindi||150 marks|
|General Studies (First Paper)||200 marks|
|General Studies (Second Paper)||200 marks|
|General Studies (Third Paper)||200 marks|
|General Studies (Fourth Paper)||200 marks|
About UP PCS
The Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (PCS) is performed by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) in 3 phases. The first stage is the Preliminary examination. There are 2 papers within the preliminary examination. The candidates have to attain marks of greater than 40% within the Paper-1 and greater than 33% within the Paper-2. The candidates qualifying for the preliminary examination will seem in the principle examination. The candidates clearing the principle examination will seem within the interview take a look at.