For AP ICET 2021 – Check here
Study at UPES Dehradun – the college with a function. Admissions open for B.Tech, BA, BBA, BCA, B.Des, B.Pharm, LLB, MA, M.Tech, MBA, M.Sc, M.Des, LLM, and Integrated applications.
Sample Question Paper
|Section / Parts||Type of questions requested|
|Section A||Analytical Ability|
|Problem Sequences and Series|
|Coding and Decoding|
|Date Time and Arrangement Problem|
|Section B||Mathematical Ability|
|2||Algebraical and Geometrical Ability|
|Section C – Part 1||Communication Ability|
|Part 2||Business and Computer terminology|
|Part 3||Functional Grammar|
|Part 4||Reading Comprehension (3 Passages)|
The pattern query paper for ICET is given under.
SECTION A – Analytical Ability
(1) Data Sufficiency
In every of the questions numbered 1 and a pair of, the query is adopted by information within the type of two statements labeled as (i) and ii. You should resolve whether or not the information given within the statements are adequate to reply the questions. Using the information, make an acceptable alternative type (1) to (4) as per the next pointers.
(1) If the assertion i alone is adequate to reply the query;
(2) If the assertion ii alone is adequate to reply the query;
(3) If each the statements i and ii are adequate to reply the query however neither assertion alone is adequate.
(4) If each the statements i and ii collectively and never adequate to reply the query and extra information is required.
1. What is the worth of the non-negative integer x?
(i) 2x is odd (ii) 3x is odd
2. What is the size of the prepare?
(i) It crosses a pole in 8 seconds.
(ii) It crosses a bridge of size 100 m in 12 seconds.
(2) Problem fixing
a) Sequence and Series
Note: In every of the questions numbered 3 and 4, a sequence of numbers or letters that observe a particular sample is given. Each query has a clean house. This must be crammed with the proper reply chosen from the given 4 choices to finish the sequence with out breaking the sample.
3. AZBY, CXDW …………… GTHS
(1) EXUV (2) EVFU (3) EVRU (4) EVSU
4. 9, 19, 40, …………… 146
(1) 70 (2) 59 (3) 69 (4) 64
5. (1) 65 (2) 126 (3) 217 (4) 343
6. (1) BFH (2) MQS (4) GJL (4) NRT
b) Data Analysis
Note: The following determine has 4 intersecting circles, every representing a gaggle of individuals having the standard written in opposition to it. Study the determine rigorously and reply questions 7 and eight.
7. The area which represents people who find themselves not trustworthy however possess all different three qualities, as denoted by
(1) B (2) F (3) D (4) M
8. The area which represents the people who find themselves neither trustworthy nor truthful however are clever and exhausting working is denoted by
(1) A (2) C (3) D (4) B
c) Coding and Decoding Problems:
In a code TANK is written as SZOL and FRIEND is written as EQHFOE. Find the method of coding and reply the Question 9.
9. The code for ZENITH is
(1) YDMJUI (2) ADMJUI (3) YFMJUI (4) ADMJUG
d) Date, Time and Arrangement Problems:
10. In a row of six individuals, D and C are speedy neighbours of E. B is a neighbour of A solely. A is the fourth from F. Who are on the 2 finish factors?
(1) F,B (2) F,C (3) B,D (4) C,A
SECTION-B Mathematical Ability
I Arithmetical Ability:
1. A wire of size 132 cm is bent to type a rectangle whose sides are within the ratio 7:4. The space (in sq. cms) of the rectangle is
(1) 4032 (2) 4230 (3) 100 (4) 3420
2. The ratio of the realm of sq. of facet ‘a’ to the realm of an equilateral triangle of facet ‘a’ is
(1)4:√3 (2) 2: √3 (3) .√3 :2 (4) √3 :4
3. If in a gaggle of individuals, m individuals can communicate Telugu, n individuals can communicate Tamil and t individuals can communicate each Tamil and Telugu, then, the variety of individuals who can communicate both Telugu or Tamil is
(1) m-n+1 (2) m-n-t (3) m+n-1 (4) n-m+t
4. If a:b 1:3 and b:c = 2:5, then, a:b:c =
(1) 1:3:5 (2) 1:6:5 (3) 2:6:15 (4) 6:2:15
Algebraical and Geometrical Ability
5. If one root of the equation ax2 + bx + c = 0 is double the opposite root, then
(1) b2 = 9ac (2) 2b2 = 3abc (3) b = 2a (4) 2b2 = 9ac
6. Equation of the road passing by way of the purpose (2, -3) and perpendicular to the road section becoming a member of the factors (1,2) (-1, 5) is
7. If (0, 0), (2, 2) and (0, a) type a proper angled isosceles triangle, then a=
(1) 4 (2) 4 (3) 3 (4) -3
III Statistical Ability:
7. The imply deviation of the values 21, 23, 25, 28, 30, 32, 38, 39, 46,48 from the imply is
(1) 7.6 (2) 6.7 (3) 7.8 (4) 8.7
8. Eight cash are tossed concurrently. The chance of getting no less than six heads is
(1) 39/256 (2) 29/256 (3) 31/256 (4) 37/256
9. If the usual deviation of al, a2, …., an, is s. then, the usual deviation of a1 + b, a2+b, ……. an+b is
1)s+b (2) s – b (3) s (4) sb
SECTION – C Communication Ability
Part 1: Vocabulary
Choose the proper that means for the phrase:
(1) Decoration (2) Exaggeration (3) Mitigation (4) Aggravation
Fill within the clean selecting the proper phrase:
2. The previous woman is an Story-teller
(1) adept (2) undertake (3) adapt (4) adrift
Part 2: Business and Computer Terminology
Choose the proper reply:
3. An Actuary is
(1) One who presents himself
(2) One who mission himself
(3) One who works in a sanctuary
(4) One who makes calculations related with insurance coverage
Part 3: Functional Grammar
Choose the proper reply:
4. A : Would you thoughts lending your umbrella?
B : Yes, I do.
In this dialog
(1) B is keen to lend it to A
(2) B excuses himself
(3) B is hesitant
(4) B is aggravated by the request
5. “If needs have been horses, beggars would experience”. This sentence
(1) speaks of an utter impossibility
(2) expresses a situation
(3) implies a tough chance
(4) states an absurdity
Fill within the clean with the suitable phrase/verb/ preposition
6. We had a nice dialog …….. a cup of tea.
(1) with (2) on (3) over (4) throughout
7. Some bottles are usually not appropriate ………. Recycling
(1) for (2) with (3) to (4) in
Read the next passage and reply questions 8 to 10
The overwhelming vote given by the higher a part of the general public has to this point been in favour of leisure which passes the time simply, and satisfies that a part of our creativeness which is dependent upon the extra apparent form of daydreams. You can argue that these daydreams are normally substitutes for our personal inactivity, ineffectualness, and lack of energy or affect, in order that we make up for what we secretly regard as our deficiencies by watching the stimulating adventures of different people who find themselves bigger, stronger, simpler, or extra lovely than we’re. The typical stars act the roles of different people who find themselves bigger, stronger simpler, or extra lovely than we’re. The typical West, or within the jungles we are going to by no means go to (we might not dare to, most of us, if we may), or within the underworld of nice cities the place crime and violence might not pay in the long run, however are very thrilling to observe in case your youth is being spent within the day-to-day routine of college or workplace, on the one hand, or within the kitchen and residing – room of 39 Blank St, on the opposite.
Whether we admit it to ourselves or not, most of us are very aware of deficiencies in our seems, our garments, and the circumstances of our properties. But on the display we are able to feast our eyes on folks chosen to look due to their beauty, wearing costly and generally extravagantly showy garments, and transferring about more often than not within the plushy setting of wealth. What you can not have your self, no less than you’ll be able to repeatedly take a look at surrounding different folks, and, who is aware of, at some point you will have these items too, like the celebs who’ve come up from nowhere however now earn massive fortunes!
8. Why can we get pleasure from movies by which there are larger-than-life characters?
(1)We don’t like movies to be true to life
(2)We like the large display.
(3) Art is mt for artwork’s sake
(4) They allow us to compensate r shortcomings.
9. Why can we get pleasure from movies based mostly on crime and violence?
(1) Human beings admire criminals.
(2) They present for us with some reduction from the boredom of routine life
(3) Crime and violence have change into a part of our life.
(4) All human beings are sadists.
10. What facet of human psychology the creator does confer with within the second paragraph?
(1) Human beings benefit from the very sight of qualities and luxuries they’re disadvantaged of.
(2) Human psychology may be very complicated.
(3) Human beings love being poor.
(4) Human being admire themselves.
To get quickest examination alerts and authorities job alerts in India, be part of our Telegram channel.